Monday, February 11, 2013

Scripture Hearts

Every Monday night I go to a bible study with some of the women from my church. Since tonight was the Monday before Valentine's Day, I decided I would make them a little something. I went back and forth, and finally decided to keep it simple and make scripture hearts.

I typed different verses into the out line of a heart (I Google searched for a heart outline I liked). I found my verses by doing a search for bible verses about love. Now, I know that the bible talks a lot about love, so picked out 14 of my favorites that talked about loving God and/or loving one another. Here are the ones I used:
  1. But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. Psalm 13:5
  2. But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love, for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 59:16
  3. A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17
  4. A new command I give you: Love on another. As I have loved you, so you must also love one another. But this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:34-35
  5. Owe no one anything except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. Romans 13:8
  6. The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Romans 13:9
  7. Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Romans 13:10
  8. And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13
  9. Do everything in love. 1 Corinthians 16:14
  10. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
  11. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:14
  12. Little children, let us not love in word or talk, but in deed and in truth. 1 John 3:18
  13. Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has be born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7
  14. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. the one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:18-19
You can kind of tell I was camped out in Romans 13 yesterday. Oh well! I picked 14 because there are 13 women (including me) in my small group, and I wanted to have extras in case we had any guests. In hindsight, this could also be used as a biblical Valentine's advent. 

After I got them to look how I wanted, I printed them on red cardstock, cut them out, and put a magnet on the back. The ladies in my group really liked them. And I liked them because it was quick and simple!

*My heart outlines were a little faint upon printing, but that was okay with me because it meant no one would notice if my cutting was a little off. :-)
*The font I used was called "A Gentle Touch" and can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...