Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Doldrums

Remember how I said that I was not going to let my wonky weekend define my whole week? Yeah, no. Monday was crazy, yesterday was bleh, and today was just... not awesome. I can't even pinpoint what was wrong with today, it just wasn't good. Worried about a few friends who had (separate) surgeries today, then I had a few rude encounters (hey, if I say something tastes like Christmas, yes, I meant to say it). And it seems like everyone around me is either having a rough week or the best week ever. Feast or famine, I suppose. I'm praying for a better tomorrow. Actually, I'm praying for a great tomorrow!

My new exercise routine is going well. Of course, today was on the day 2, so I guess we'll have to see how the next 40 days play out. And I've picked a local 5k race to run. I was thinking of doing Color Me Rad again, but I can't really afford the registration right now. So I picked the Resurrection Run. It is the weekend before Easter (hence the name), and I think I have enough time to get ready. I'm going to go ahead and write it on my calendar, then register when I get paid. I think once I put out the money, I will be more likely to stick with my training.



For those of you who were wondering, I have not forgotten my cousin's hat for February. I was waiting to see if she mailed me back her survey. Since she has not, I'm struggling a bit to decide what to do. I think I will probably end up making her something similar to this:
[source]
I don't know yet. I actually have a hamburger hat that I already made. I was planning on saving that one for summer, but desperate times call for desperate measures... And time is of the essence. Oh well, I'll keep y'all in the loop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...