Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Long Day

Today was a long day! I woke up this morning at 6:20 to the sound of my phone ringing. It was a school calling for a substitute. I normally wake up naturally between 7:30 and 7:45 in the morning, so I was not super excited to be jolted awake more than an hour early. But of course I couldn't go back to sleep, so I just got up and got my day started.

I was scheduled to work 11-6, and I had planned to go to Groove at 6:40, but at 5:00 we found out that the 6:00 person was being sent to the emergency room. I told my boss I would stay until 9:00, but only if she let me clock out to take the class. :-) I had been looking forward to taking the class all day.



I'm growing up, and I'm not sure that I like it. Tomorrow is my day off, and I am most excited about the fact that I have and appointment to get new tires put on my car. But I really need new tires. My current tires did not pass the penny test. They are not too horrible, really, but it will need to be done soon. And I have my tax return money to get it done now. I'm afraid if I wait then I will need them when I don't have the funds. Plus, it's not like there's anything else I really need to do with the money. If I'm not responsible with it, I'll just blow it on something I don't need that I will regret buying in 2 months.

I actually haven't done anything with my refund yet, except tithe. I refused to make any big purchases until I had my tires. My tires aren't going to take my whole refund, but wanted to be safe. One of my Facebook friends was trying to offer me her broken iPad2 for $200. She said it was cracked and needed repairs.... for $200. Uhm, my mom just got a brand new Galaxy Tab 2 for $170. No thanks. Besides, I don't need a tablet. I have an ereader and a smart phone. I don't need to waste $200 on a want, when I need to get some new workout shoes. Or when I need new clothes. Boo. I really am growing up.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on changing your tires! How do the new ones feel? The penny test is always handy if you need to check your tires' condition. Anyway, growing up really does make certain changes on the decisions you make because you'll have more responsibilities. And you handle yours well, Jen. Buying something because of it's a want rather than a need is not a smart thing to do. Keep it up and I wish you all the luck! :)

    Enoch Ross

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...