Sunday, February 17, 2013

Short Circuit

I had a fun surprise when I got home last night. The power was out... but only in my bedroom. Our lights have been flickering and surging for a while now, and I figured something had tripped the switch in the fuse box last night. But seeing as it was too cold to live to go back outside last night, I decided I would just check on it this morning. (Side note: Can I just tell you how much I depend on the power in my bedroom at night? I have an electric blanket, I recharge my cell phone, and I have this wonderful Lightning Bug App that I depend on when I have trouble falling asleep. Wah.)

When I got up this morning, I discovered that we had a few surges yesterday (tragically, our coffee pot was lost... luckily, we still have a Mr. Coffee k-cup brewer), which was what caused the breaker for my room to flip. We flipped it back, but guess what? Apparently something caused a short circuit between the breaker and my room. Anyone know a good electrician?



Last night Greg and I went to go see Amour. That was the last one on the list of Oscar Best Picture nominated films that he hadn't seen. I liked it. It was a little hard to watch (because of the story, not the subtitles), but it was alright. To me, it addressed difficult things you will do for someone you love that most people don't consider. I'm not sure I think it should have been nominated for Best Picture, but I'm not in the Academy so my vote doesn't count.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but Greg's a really big movie buff. Not just watching them, but the director's style and editing and just everything about them. Over the past 4 years I've learned to watch movies differently. :-) Anyway, he always likes to watch the movies that have been nominated for Best Picture before the Oscars. Usually, he's managed to see most of them before the nominations are even announced. This year we only needed to catch up with Amour, Life of Pi, and Beasts of the Southern Wild. I haven't seen Django Unchained, Zero Dark Thirty, or Lincoln, but that's ok. Greg will probably buy Lincoln when it comes out on BluRay. I'll watch it then.


Well... I have no pictures for you today, so I will leave you with these words of wisdom I found on Pinterest. :-)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...