Monday, February 25, 2013

Let There Be Light

I officially have power in my bedroom again! It was fixed about 20 minutes after I got home from work this evening. Thank goodness, because that was really getting a bit ridiculous. I didn't really mind it at first because I'm rarely home, but after a while it became difficult to find things. And my new cell phone battery seems to be working out well. I think I may need a new charger, too, but that can wait for now.



Lately I have been trying to dig myself out of debt. We are doing a series at church about money management (and no, it's not just the church asking for money from the congregation). I've learned a lot. And I'm trying to get out of debt. I managed to get my credit card paid off (then put it in a bag of water and stuck it in the freezer). Now I'm trying to save a decent rainy day fund. Then I'm going to have to figure out something to do about my student loans. That gives me heart palpitations, so I'm trying not to stress about it at the moment. One step at a time!

I feel like ever since I started trying to be smarter with my money, the devil's been trying to trip me up. The electricity went out in my bedroom, my phone battery went kaput, and yesterday I had a flat tire on the one day that the tire store is closed. It was like he was trying to tempt me into defrosting my card so I could fix it right now. But if I just gave it a minute, God helped me find a cheaper, easier way.

  1. A friend of the family fixed the electric switch that was bad. He only charged us for the part. 
  2. I was able to get a new phone battery for a decent price instead of having to buy a whole new phone. 
  3. When I bought my tires a few weeks ago, I purchased the certificate for a repair/replacement/refund if anything happened to the tire. I only had to pay for the Fix-a-Flat to get me situated until this morning. (PS, if you ever need new tires and there is a Discount Tire in your area, Go There! I have heard nothing but awesome stories about their service, and not just my local store.)
I just had to be patience... which is an area I struggle with, especially when it comes to rushing into big purchases. I want things fixed now instead of looking for cheaper options.



I finally finished my cousin's hat! I decided to go with the a Cheeseburger hat I made a few months ago. While I was searching for the original pattern again, I stumbled across this:
Uhm.... yeah, so that exists. Who knew? Anyway, I will try to get my pattern review posted tomorrow. It was a lot of fun to make. I may make another one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...