Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Interesting

I would like to start by saying GO RAVENS! I know I'm a few days late, but I promise I was a fan before Sunday. Actually, I was a fan when I realized their mascot was named after a literary character. I'm a bookworm like that. :-)



We had quite a bit of fruit left over after the weekend, so I threw it in the blender, poured it in an ice cube tray, and voila!
I really wish I knew why Picasa doesn't load
I think it was peaches, strawberries, and pineapple. Anyway, I put the cubes 5 to a bag and put them back in the freezer. My plan is to throw them in with protein powder and milk alternative for quick smoothies in the mornings. I miss having smoothies for breakfast. I think I stopped when I didn't have to hit the ground running in the mornings. Dumb, because they are tasty! I kind of just wanted to suck on the cubes. :-)



Today was kind of an interesting day. Amy called me this morning to tell me that Ajilon called her to check my references. I've known her for 9+ years and have worked for her at least 3 times. :-) She said they asked quite a few questions and of course she gave me a glowing recommendation. I know this doesn't mean they have found a job they like for me, but I find it promising that they are calling my references.

About 5 hours after that, my boss asked if I would be interested in the lead position at our club. She just got promoted (today!) from lead, so now we need a new one. The position comes with a pay raise a bit more responsibility/authority, but I think I could handle it. She said she wasn't sure if she could just name me lead [insert joke about my name being Jen] or if I'd have to go through the interview process, but we should know tomorrow. Interesting stuff all around!



For those who were wondering, my cousin did get her box of hats. Her husband mentioned it in the blog he's been writing about Melissa's ordeal. Or at least how he's handling it. I'm currently working on ideas for February's hat. I think I know what I'll do, I just need to go get the yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...