|A city out of my birthstone/favorite color? Done.|
1. I love everything about the Wizard of Oz. I love the story, the book, the movie. I love the songs from the movie and the stage play. I also love the spin-offs, i.e. The Wiz and Wicked.
2. I knew Greg and I were meant to be on our first date when, instead of flowers, he gave me a Dorothy bobblehead.
3. All that being said... The Wizard of Oz is not my favorite movie. I actually don't have a favorite. Or rather, my favorite changes depending on my mood.
|Part of the collection.|
5. I don't like clowns. I wouldn't call it a fear of clowns, because I can be around them, they just creep me out. I think it is because you could be anyone under that make-up. Creepy...
6. I used drink 3-4 cups of coffee a day. I'm not sure why though because caffeine doesn't really have much effect on me. I think I stopped when I started counting my calories. I'll still have a cup every now and then, but I drink more teas these days.
|I'm on the right|
9. I hate Ferris Wheels. I don't necessarily think I'm going to plunge to my death, but I get really nervous when I've been talked into getting on one. I get dizzy and woozy, so I try to avoid them whenever possible.
|Orange & White game, 2009|
11. Greg's nickname, "Mr. Wonderful," came from me being a smart alec. He was complaining because one of his friends harassed him after I tagged him in an fb status (for doing something really sweet for a total stranger), so I said I would never tag him again. I started referring to him as Mr. Wonderful. He gets harassed more for that than he did for whatever I said before. :-)
12. I love to crochet. My mom taught me the basics when I was a teen and now she says I am better than her.
13. Most times, I can look at the picture of a crochet project and figure out what they did without ever looking at the pattern. I started doing this when the patterns didn't make sense to me, so I just figured it out. I'm right about 95% of the time and the other 5% I'm close enough. ;-)
14. I was born in VA, and moved to TN when I was 10.
15. When I first moved to TN, people made fun of my accent (what accent??). So I started talking like the people I heard until they stopped. Sometimes when I hear my self in a recording I'm surprised at how Southern I sound.
|Mimi & Me, 2010|
17. I am thankful on a near daily basis for my "boot camp training" because I know it has been what has gotten me interviews and jobs.
18. My dream job would probably be to open a real "Mimi's Boot Camp for Manners" and teach people of all ages proper etiquette for things like letter writing, business dinners, job interviews, and just regular table manners.
19. I blame my Mimi for my stationery addiction. I think letter writing is a lost art. Who doesn't like getting a letter or card in the mail??
20. My hand-writing sucks. lol
23. We call wine "funny cups." Once, while enjoying a bottle of wine, we were laughing about something and she looked at her husband and said "you're not laughing, which means whatever is funny must be in this cup."
24. I really want to take a ride in a hot air balloon.
25. I have a goal of visiting all 50 states. I have been to Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Maryland, Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, Michigan, Alabama, and Colorado. Only 37 states to go! I also want to visit Ireland, Italy, Greece, and Australia.
26. If I ever won the lottery, after I did the responsible thing of paying off my bills and what not, I would spend 16 months just traveling.
28. I love trying new, interesting foods. My favorite recent dessert was a chocolate gelato with habenero peppers in it.