Thursday, February 21, 2013

No News is... No News

I still haven't heard back about my interview yet. I know, no news is good news, because they haven't said no, right? But at this point I still don't know if I'm going to get the promotion or not, and I'm starting to get discouraged. My boss emailed the lady who interviewed me this morning to ask, but she never responded. And when my boss called later in the day, she didn't answer her phone. Boo.



I did really well on my diet today... until dinner. Greg and I went to Olive Garden because I really wanted their soup. And all would have been fine if I had stuck with my original plan of soup and one of the "Lighter Fare" dishes. But no, Greg saw the $12.95 3-Course Menu and I changed my plan. I still got the soup, but I also had four a couple bread sticks and a less healthy entree. I got the Grilled Chicken Toscano. According to the website, it is 700 calories! But I didn't eat any of the risotto, so that probably saved me a good 350 calories. Then we got to dessert (It was the third course in the dinner). When I go to OG and I want something sweet, I always get the dolcinis because they are 2 bites and gone. Just the perfect amount of dessert, right?
Dark Chocolate Caramel Cream
When I went to plug that in to my app, I discovered it was 270 calories. What??? It was 2 bites! I sent that picture to Amy asking how in the world that little thing was 270 calories. We agreed that if I filled that cup with just chocolate it wouldn't be that much. Needless to say, I went over my calorie goal for today. But the good news is that if every day was like today, I would still lose weight over the next 5 weeks. And every day will not be like today!

Now that I think about it, I'm kind of disappointed that Olive Garden didn't have any of the Lighter Fare menu items as an option on the 3-Course menu. I probably would have been happier with the Lasagna Primavera. Coffee was a dessert options, so (had I been so minded) I could have made it better for me. Oh well.



I've decide Melissa is getting the hamburger this month. Things have just gotten a little goofy, and I don't know when I'll have time to make another hat. I'm running out of month! I'm going to finish it off tomorrow (it needs sesame seeds on top, of course!), and hopefully get it off in the mail on Saturday. I will post my review then, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...