Friday, February 22, 2013

Delayed Gratification

Can I start by saying how sore my hip muscles are?? Yesterday I did Donkey Kick Planks which look a little something like this:
Fun. That plus the side planks really worked my hips for some reason. Actually, I think it was all that plus standing for 6.5 hours. My hips are generally sore these days. They don't hurt, just the muscles feel like they got a good work out. I probably need to start foam rolling more often. And then I followed that up with a cycle and a core class this evening (I told you today wasn't going to be like yesterday). I'm going to have fun walking tomorrow.



Today was a better day than most of the days this week. I'm not sure why, but this week has just been a string of rough days. Rude people, weird situations... All adding up to a not awesome series of days. But I did finally get some good news today. I got the promotion! First thing this morning I emailed the lady who interviewed me and asked if there was any update on my promotion. From what I pieced together, she called my boss shortly there after and told her that I had gotten the promotion, effective March 1.

I'm not going to lie, I was kind of hoping it would go in effect immediately, or even retro active to when I started doing the job at the beginning of this month. But you know what? I'm not going to complain! Just knowing that my work is appreciated puts a lift in my step. Besides, March 1 is a week from today. I think I can make it. I may see if I can't get Greg to take me bowling to celebrate. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...