Tuesday, May 15, 2012

School's out!

Technically tomorrow is the last day in one district, and Friday is the last day in another, but I'm done subbing for the year. And they told my little brother that they weren't taking attendance today or tomorrow, so he's convinced Mom not to send him to school today. Although, now he's going to have to go to school tomorrow because he forgot to clean out his locker. The goofball. 

It's also graduation at the preschool where I used to teach. The kids who are graduating were babies when I worked there. Ok, technically, they were toddlers, but they could barely walk or talk and were hilarious on a daily basis. I still babysit for some of them and I can't believe they will start "real" school this fall. I can only imagine how I'll react when it's my own children.

I applied for another teaching position today. I was talking to someone at work last night and they told my they thought that another school in my district was hiring. Turns out it's the one I live EXTREMELY close to (like 2 minutes away), and they are looking for a 6th grade teacher. I've actually subbed at that school, so I'm hoping that helps. I'm going to email the principal this afternoon as well. I'd appreciate any and all prayers about it. 

I'm still trying to decide how I want to rearrange my hours at the gym this summer. I really think that's going to depend on how may new people we hire and how soon. I'd like to move into more days, especially over the weekends. But my GM at the pet store keeps asking me when I want to start picking up shifts there again. I just don't know! Of course, it all depends on how soon I get a job teaching. Not if, how soon

Ok, I need to go gather my stuff before I go to work. I need to drop off my last time sheet before work and I want to run afterwards. Lots of little stuff to gather. I hope you have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...