Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Wait, what day is it?

They recently changed my days at work and it has completely thrown of my days. I have spent the past 2 weeks a day ahead of myself. I actually fussed at my self that is wasn't Wednesday it was Tuesday and if I thought it was Wednesday one more time I was going to scream. I don't know why I was being so dramatic. :-) Then I ended up picking up tomorrow morning, so now I really don't know what's happening! It's all good though.



So, I'm starting to think I lost my sense of humor. Bwahaha, like that could happen! But I am feeling like I've lost my joy. I can still appreciate a joke, and I still make them right often (just ask my co-workers), but when people are trying to be funny or silly I just think of how that's inaccurate or dumb or something equally way too serious. For example, this commercial:
I know the humor behind it, but the first time I saw it all I could think of was "why would you compare those things? That's dumb..." It's a funny commercial! What the heck is wrong with me?!

Anyway, it's been going on for a few months. I feel... almost bitter? I don't think it's related to my depression. I think it's related to my stress of not getting a "real" job. I'm hoping that once I find a full-time position I'll be able to relax and rediscover my joy. Why does that sound so hokey?



I'm excited because I might actually get to see my boyfriend this weekend! I swear I'm not sure if Greg and I have been together so long because or in spite of our differing schedules. It seems like every time we get into a rhythm, something else gets thrown in to muck it up again. For instance, we were hanging out on Saturday and/or Sunday nights, but now I'm working Sunday nights and he's started announcing for the local Roller Derby team again on Saturdays. Well boo. But there's not a Derby this weekend...

Bah! Greg just called me and reminded me that he was asked to help out with a 24-hour film festival this weekend. I knew I spoke to soon. Oh well, maybe we can grab dinner or something Thursday night since we don't have a Relay meeting this week. For the record, I started to type tomorrow because I keep thinking it's WEDNESDAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...