Thursday, May 10, 2012

I think I need a new scale. Not because I think this one is horribly off, but because it told me I gained .2 pounds in less than 3 minutes, and I hadn't done anything. Yesterday, I weighed myself, took a picture, and then laid back down on my bed to post (I didn't have anywhere to be until 9, so I was going to make the least of my morning:-D). When I went to post the picture, I noticed it was sideways, so I went back into the bathroom to take a properly oriented photo. When I stepped on this time, it said I was 212.2. What??? I did not so much as take a drink of water between round 1 and round 2 of weighing myself. I think I may check out the scales the next time I'm at the store.

I had a fun time at church last night. I'm sure I've mentioned it a time or 12, but I work with the youth group on Wednesday nights. Our Youth Pastor calls me the Pre-Service Director (and sometimes his brain), but I just make sure the kids get checked in at go where they are supposed to when they are supposed to go there! Anyway, he and his fiance are getting married next Friday, so last night the kids presented a special video they made for them. It was so cute! Each small group said a message and a few kids said some stuff, then one of the small group leaders gave them a really cool painting done by a local Christian artist. They loved it. They are pretty much the cutest couple on the planet. I'm so happy for them!

It's been a good week so far. I've worked a lot more than I thought I would this week. There are only 4.5 days of school left for one district and 10.5 days left for the other, so this is usually my "slow season" with subbing. But I've gotten called for 3 days this week, and I actually had to turn down a few jobs. I'm not going to complain. I need to work as much as I possibly can before they all dry up for the summer. Although someone reminded me last night that there is one school system that goes year round, and they may need subs over the summer. We'll have to see. My GM over at the pet store keeps asking if and when I want to start picking up shifts again, too. I may have to see what I can work out with my schedule.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...