Sunday, May 13, 2012

Back on the wagon

... or the treadmill. I inadvertently took a 2.5 week break from my c25k training. I don't really remember why. Multiple lame excuses, I'm sure. So today I made myself start again. Not from where I left off, though. If I had, I would have had to run 20 minutes straight today for the first time. I didn't think that was the best idea, so I just restarted that week. I still had to run for a total of 15 minutes, and it totally sucked, but I'm glad I did it.



This is the last week of School. I'm pretty sure that tomorrow will be my last day subbing. I'm honestly surprised that I've gotten jobs this far into the school year. I think last year I stopped getting calls in April. I'm not complaining though.

I also put in 3 applications for teaching positions. I'm praying pretty much relentlessly that I can at least get on their radar. Part of my worry is that I actually haven't subbed at any of those schools. They are all in the district where I sub, I've just never subbed at these three. My best friend's husband works at one of them, so of course I put him as a reference. I also may have emailed all of the principals directly with a cover letter and copy of my resume.



I'm having trouble concentrating lately. I'm blaming it on the weather. Some people get achy knees when it rains, I get headaches. Not all the time, though. It's usually when the daily high goes from 60 to 75 to 80 to 68 to 85 to 63 and then it rains. Spring and fall pretty much. Usually I can make the headache go away with Advil sinus meds, but they make me foggy. I either can't concentrate because of pain or because of the medicine. At least it's only for a few months out of the year. But that being said, I think I'm going to go take some of the foggy medication and head to bed. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...