Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

I hope you are having a great and wonderful Memorial Day. No big plans for me. some friends of Greg's have a shindig every year, but I have to be at work this afternoon, so I'm not going. :-( Oh well, I'll just have a lovely day here at the house. I do have a few things I need to do, like laundry and bathe the dogs. Unfortunately both of those NEED to be done today lol.



I am in a much better mood today. I haven't been in a bad mood exactly, just kind of low. It happens every so often. I know nothing is wrong exactly, but I just can't get out of my funk. Yes, it's depression. No, there's no cause for it. No, I don't want to try medication. Actually, I have been on meds before, and they made me either completely void of emotion or they made me crazy, so I prefer to just be self-aware. :-) I'm not against medication for other people, I just don't like it for me.

I'm usually pretty good about knowing that it's just a phase, everything will be ok, I just need to keep going. I try to remember things I'm grateful for. I ran across this picture on Pinterest and it helps me put things in perspective.   I've also taken to studying my bible more, and thanking God for the little things. When I can find a few things that were good that day, even if it's just that I woke and still have the use of my legs, it helps my mood. Then I try to think of things that really weren't that bad about my day, week, etc. That's one of the reasons I love taking part in the High Five every week. It makes me find 5 things that were great about my week. Sorry, I didn't mean to get all preachy there!



I felt like I had more to say, but I'm drawing a blank as to what it was. Oh well. I can always post it later. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...