|A city out of my birthstone/favorite color? Done.|
2. I knew Greg and I were meant to be on our first date when, instead of flowers, he gave me a Dorothy bobblehead.
3. All that being said... The Wizard of Oz is not my favorite movie. I actually don't have a favorite. Or rather, my favorite changes depending on my mood.
|Part of the collection.|
5. I don't like clowns. I wouldn't call it a fear of clowns, because I can be around them, they just creep me out. I think it is because you could be anyone under that make-up. Creepy...
6. I used drink 3-4 cups of coffee a day. I'm not sure why, though because caffeine doesn't really have much effect on me. I think I stopped when I started counting my calories. I'll still have a cup every now and then, but I drink more teas these days.
|Yeah, that's me|
8. I have a fear of falling. I wouldn't call it a fear of heights because I like being up high if I feel reasonably safe. But if I think I might plunge to my death, I freak out.
9. I hate Ferris Wheels. I don't necessarily think I'm going to plunge to my death, but I get really nervous when I've been talked into getting on one. I get dizzy and woozy, so I try to avoid them whenever possible.
|At the 2009 Orange & White game|
11. Greg's nickname, "Mr. Wonderful," came from me being a smart alec. He was complaining because one of his friends harassed him after I tagged him in an fb status (for doing something really sweet), so I said I would never tag him again. I started referring to him as Mr. Wonderful. He gets harassed more for that than he did for whatever I said before. :-)
|*bonus* Ninjas are a theme in my life|
13. Most times, I can look at the picture of a crochet project and figure out what they did without ever looking at the pattern. I started doing this when the patterns didn't make sense to me, so I just figured it out. I'm right about 95% of the time and the other 5% I'm close enough. ;-)
14. I was born in VA, and moved to TN when I was 10.
15. When I first moved to TN, people made fun of my accent (what accent??). So I started talking like the people I heard until they stopped. Sometimes when I hear my self in a recording I'm surprised at how Southern I sound.
|Me & Mimi on her 80th bday weekend|
17. I am thankful on a near daily basis for my "boot camp training" because I know it has been what has gotten me interviews and jobs.
18. My dream job would probably be to open a real "Mimi's Boot Camp for Manners" and teach people of all ages proper etiquette for things like letter writing, business dinners, job interviews, and just regular table manners.
19. I blame my Mimi for my stationery addiction. I think letter writing is a lost art. Who doesn't like getting a letter or card in the mail??
20. My hand-writing sucks. lol
|We're not related|
21. On more than one occasion, people have started a conversation with Amy and tried to finish it with me. We've worked together at 3 different places, and I guess we're interchangeable.22. Amy's step-son once said that we were mental twins and we decided he was correct. We have a lot of conversations without opening our mouths and have been known to have the same completely random thought at the same time.
23. We call wine "funny cups." Once, while enjoying a bottle of wine, we were laughing about something and she looked at her husband and said "you're not laughing, which means whatever is funny must be in this cup."
24. I really want to take a ride in a hot air balloon.
25. I have a goal of visiting all 50 states. I have been to Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Maryland, Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, Michigan, Alabama, and Colorado. Only 37 states to go! I also want to visit Ireland, Italy, Greece, and Australia.
26. If I ever won the lottery, after I did the responsible thing of paying off my bills and what not, I would spend 16 months just traveling.
28. I love trying new, interesting foods. My favorite recent dessert was a chocolate gelato with habenero peppers in it.
Well, I think that's a good enough list for now. I have a fundraiser tonight, and I need to get my stuff in order.