Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Love affair

So, in my first post, I mentioned a new love affair. I figured I should explain... although you might have figured it out. My newest love is running. Although, I guess what I'm doing at this point is still jogging. As I mentioned yesterday, I decided that I wanted to run a half marathon. This was after the most recent time of me starting the c25k program. I've started it I don't know how many times, but this time I made it a little further, which made me think I might actually finish. And as I've progressed further, I like it more and more. Actually, I like the running about the same, but I'm getting addicted to the after effects. :-)

I really do want to run a half marathon. I'm taking it one step at a time. I need to finish the c25k first! I was reading a blog, shocking I know, and she said that she a good plan was to pick a race, then go ahead and sign up for it. Then I will be more committed to my training, because I don't want to waste my money. My initial thought was to do the Music City Half, but I can't figure out how to register for the darn thing! But, that's probably good, because it is tentatively scheduled for my mom's birthday weekend, and I really want to do the Color Run, which is also scheduled in Nashville in October. If I have to choose, the Color Run wins. So, I'm still looking for a place to do my first Half. There is a marathon series close to me, but it is super hilly, and just no. Not yet anyway.

Like any good love affair, this one has given me a bit of a confidence boost as well. There is just something special about doing something I've never done before. Like making it to Week 4 in the c25k program. I've never made it past week 3. I'm not even sure I've ever made it pas W3D1... Knowing that I did it once and can absolutely do it again makes me feel almost giddy. I'm hoping to be able to complete W4D2 today.  

I was supposed to do D2 on Saturday, but I just couldn't. I only got about 4 hours of sleep Friday night, and I hadn't eaten much before I was going to run. I tried though. I really did. I started the program and got to the first set of jogging for 5 minutes when I realized it was a bad idea. I'm not going to lie, it did make me feel like a little be of a loser. It put me in a bad mood for the rest of the weekend. But I know that it was the smarter thing to do. And I don't want to get into the habit of trying to do too much with too little. That's a fast track to a burnout. Or breakup I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...