Thursday, April 19, 2012

The wrong way...

First and foremost, let me start with this morning's weigh-in.
Ugh!
I would like to apologize for my desperate need of a pedicure, but I am in too much shock that I have somehow GAINED a pound, and 0.8 of it since yesterday morning! I'm hoping it's just hormonal weight gain, but we'll see.

What bothers me the most is knowing that it's a "failure trigger." I will be the first to admit that I am an emotional eater. One of my favorite fb status updates is "Today my feelings taste like ______ and they are delicious." So when I see that I'm gaining weight, it sets off the emotional dominoes that I've failed and I start eating.  What makes me even madder is that I know it doesn't make any sense for me to do that. I will know while I'm eating that I don't want it, I'm not hungry, but I'm eating anyway. It turns into a vicious cycle. Luckily, that won't be a problem today. I've never been so happy to have allergy drainage making me nauseous. :-)



I'm hope I will be able to work on Greg's birthday gift today. I don't have to work tonight, but I do have to take my mom to the store. Anyway, I'm hoping when I get back I'll be able to get the sanding done. My mom's friend's husband let me borrow his electric sander, so I shouldn't take that long. There's not even that much that needs to be sanded. I might even be able to get some of the spray painting started. I hope so at least, because I am working all day tomorrow, it's supposed to rain on Saturday, and I have my day booked on Sunday. I'm sure I'll get it all worked out though.



Today I will leave you with what I think might be one of the cutest and most awesome things I've ever heard about. Here's a link the the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...