Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ah, so that's why...

Last night I discovered why some people call it the dreadmill. While I am proud to say that I finished W4D2 without incident, I have to admit I almost stopped due to total boredom! I started praying for God to keep me from looking at the clock. I was literally thanking Him for every little thing under the sun until I heard the beep to change pace. I never felt like I couldn't do it anymore, I just felt like I was going to die of boredom. I'm not really sure why I felt that way. I didn't have my iPod with me, but I haven't used that in a few weeks. After reading an article in Runner's World, I decided to try jogging without it so I could listen to my breathing.

For the record, my breathing was good, but I haven't started using my iPod again. Since I want to start taking my runs outside soon, I want to get used to doing them without it. I don't live in a bad town, but I want to be able to hear what's going on around me.



Today was a weigh-in day. I overslept HORRIBLY. I am supposed to leave my house at 7:40, and I woke up at 7:20. I'm not sure what my problem was. I remember my alarms going off. I guess I just turned them all off. Luckily I had everything ready to go, I just had to go in a hurry. I did remember to check my weight, but I forgot to take a picture. My weight was 211.0. :-( Up 0.2 from last week. I'm HOPING that my muscles are just holding on to water because of my run last night, but I did have kind of a cruddy food weekend. I'll weigh myself again tomorrow, and hopefully remember to take a picture as well. Even if it's bad, I still need to document it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...