Friday, April 27, 2012

Feeling heavy

Today just got off to a rough start. I had grand plans of waking up early and getting started on a great foot. Hahaha! That all went to pot when I woke up feeling like I had just closed my eyes. I had to remind myself twice that I needed to GET UP so I could put my clothes in the dryer, otherwise I was going to work in my pajamas. Now it's casual Friday, but not that casual. I had also planned to stay awake and make my lunch and pack my bag for the day. Needless to say, that didn't happen either.  What ended up happening was me leaving my house without eating breakfast, no packed lunch, and already running late. Did I also mention I still had to stop for gas? I stopped at Food City for fuel of both kinds, and luckily I wasn't late for work, just later than I like to be.

I still feel like I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night. I think it's an accumulation of the past few nights. It's making me feel lethargic and heavy. Does anyone else feel that way sometimes? You just feel heavier than normal? It's not an awesome feeling for someone who struggles with her weight. And it doesn't help that my jeans were straight from the dryer today, and therefore a little snug.

I'm trying to focus on good things though, so maybe that will bring me out of my funk. I already did my High Five for Friday link up with Lauren @ From My Grey Desk. That helped a little bit. Luckily, I know I'm not hungry so I'm not tempted to eat to stay awake. That was proven to me when I walked by an open bag of Oreos in the office and wasn't even remotely tempted to have one. Actually, the idea of eating it made me feel uncomfortably full. I'll take it, even though it's odd since I didn't eat much today (at least, not enough to feel uncomfortably full at the idea of an Oreo lol). For breakfast I had a deli cup of fresh strawberries & pineapple with a Breakfast on the Go bag and for lunch I had this:
Top Chef Barbecue Steak
I had never had that kind, but it was on sale. I like the Healthy Choice meals, although a lot of times I'll add extra veggies. This one was so good! And it actually had a decent amount of vegetables and whatnot. Totally worth the 330 calories! I may have to go stock up.



I'm trying to think of things for me to do for these fundraisers I have coming up. We're supposed to have some door prizes for one of them, and Greg suggested that I crochet some more ninjas.
Ninja, anyone?
I haven't made one in a long time, and I was thinking about changing up the pattern. I'm not even sure if I remember how to do it... We'll have to see.  I was also thinking about making a blanket for the silent auction, but I don't know. There's only like 47 days left til Relay, and while that is technically enough time, I don't know if I'll have the dedication.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...