Thursday, April 26, 2012

Exercising my demons

Ok, first things first, the weigh-in photo.
I wore socks because I STILL need a pedicure :-)
Whoo-hoo, we're heading in the right direction. That's 1.4lbs down from last week. I'll take it! Especially since I had kind of an iffy weekend with my eating. Plus, I took Greg out for his birthday yesterday and ate an entire thin crust buffalo chicken pizza by myself over indulged . But it was my main meal of the day, and I made sure to drink plenty of water. Anyway, I made progress! That makes me happy.



Today I was scheduled to do Week 5 Day 2 of the c25k program. I decided to go shortly after lunch, mostly to get it over with. I'm happy with that mindset. It wasn't something I didn't want to do, but it was something I knew I needed to do. I was reading a blog recently, and the writer said she was getting to the point where looked at exercising the same way she looked at paying bills. It wasn't something you always (or ever?) want to do, but it needs to be taken care of so get it done. That's how I tried to look at my run today. It was great! I had absolutely no breathing issues the whole time I was going. I felt a little tired when I was done, but not overly so by any means.

I was a little worried about not having "enough in the tank" for my run. I always run at night, after I've eaten all my meals for the day. But I know people wake up and run all the time, so I decided I would just listen to my body and see what happened. I did just fine. By the last few minutes of running I was ready to be done, but that's from boredom more than anything else. I bumped up my speed for the last minute, just to change it up a bit. I think Week 6 is Week 5 on repeat, so I may finally take it outside to see how I do.



This weekend Greg and I are doing a joint birthday get together. It's gotten to the point where the same people come to our birthdays, so why not have just one party? We're going to dinner and bowling. I'm looking forward to it. Well, duh, I'd hope I'm looking forward to my birthday party. It feels weird to celebrate my birthday in April, though. Hahaha, I'll probably still going to do something on my actual birthday. :-)



My evening was spent making invitations.
200 postcards!
My Relay for Life team is putting on a Zumba event on June 3. We've been soooo far behind this year, I probably should have had them made a few weeks ago. Better late than never though, right? I'm afraid I'll have to make more, but at this exact moment I'm not going to worry about it! I'm glad we finally have some things lined up though. We've got this, a shirt sale, and our annual benefit show with Einstein Simplified. I wish we had time to do more, but the event is in like 6 weeks! Eek!



Oh my... it's almost 12:30am... I need to go to bed! good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...