|Apparently the original blog has been deleted|
Anyway, today is a self-portrait. Can I just tell y'all how much I don't like taking pics of myself? I feel like a straight up dork. I will totally take a pic of you and I together, but pictures of just myself? Thanks, but no thanks. Luckily I took a picture of myself yesterday, so we're going to use that. It should be noted that I took this photo to show Amy what a hot mess I was (we were about to meet for lunch, and she was warning me that she was hot and sweaty from work).
I had just finished back-to-back Core and Power classes at the gym. I was rocking a serious calorie deficit and trying to refrain from eating everything in Kroger. Let's talk about this one for a second, shall we? No make up, frizzy hair, workout attire, looking tired/awkward, grocery store. Yeah, I think this is a pretty good self-portrait.
Here's why I feel this is a pretty accurate self-portrait:
- I very rarely wear make-up. Don't get me wrong, I love make up! But I have a hard time finding colors that work and don't wash off when my crazy allergy eyes kick in. Plus, I work at a gym, so having a full face of make up doesn't make a whole lot of sense on a day-to-day basis.
- Frizzy hair... Ok, this is not always the case, but it has been this summer. I swear it has been so humid this summer my flat iron is collecting dust. Actually, I don't even know where it is. Sometimes I can tame it with product... but they are expensive, I am broke, and there's no sense in wasting it when I'm going to have to shower after the gym anyway.
- These days I am in workout attire for about 85% of my life. I am at work for the bulk of my day, and my uniform is workout pants/capris and a performance top. Otherwise I'm training with Lorrie, taking a class, or trying to work out on my own. It has gotten to the point where there's not much reason for me to buy new "regular" clothes because I so rarely get to wear them.
- I am always tired these days. I get exhausted just thinking about what I need to deal with. And the awkwardness comes from taking a dang selfie. Maybe it's because I'm not great at self-promotion?
- I end up at some grocery store almost Every. Single. Day. Mostly this is to grab something to eat before work. This time I was buying the stuff to make Game Day Chili. I know my life would be so much easier if I thought ahead and bought stuff at once, but that's not how my brain works these days. I blame #3.
So, there's day 1. We'll see how well I keep up with this. :-)