Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I wouldn't have to work so much if Chuck Norris would just cry already

You know... because Chuck Norris's tears are the cure for cancer. ;-) It's Relay week and I'm exhausted just thinking about what's going on this weekend. I love, love, LOVE doing work with Relay, but sometimes I look at it like planning a wedding. Once you get a certain distance out, you are just ready to be done planning and enjoy the event. But having never planned my own (non-Pinterest) wedding, maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, I'm just ready for it to be Friday already. But I am proud to say that my team has reached and surpassed it's goal. We were trying to raise $2500 and the last I checked we were almost $3000. So proud of my team.

Last night I started working on my PhD in shirt folding. Since I worked yesterday morning, I offered to go to the ACS office and help set up for Bank Night last night. Our staff partner asked if I would please sort the tshirts into teams for the captains to pick up. Is it weird that I actually had fun doing it? There were 28 teams ranging from 2-30 people, but I had my little spreadsheet so I just went to town. I like the little moments where I can appreciate all the people that have come together to raise money for cancer research. And I especially like them when I get to reflect quietly by myself and I don't have to answer questions. Everyone in the ACS office knows way more than I do about this weekend. :-)

Ok, I try to stay pretty positive in this blog, and in life in general really, but I'm going to have to go off on a rant for a moment. I do NOT understand why some people feel the need to be all out hateful at all times! There is one woman who is on a Relay team and every time I have to deal with her she makes my blood boil. To the point where I told the volunteer committee that if they left me alone with her again I would punch her. Every time she talks to me, she acts like I'm an idiot. She spent 15 minutes last night blaming me because she could find something that I had nothing to do with. Seriously, it was a paper from her office that I have absolutely nothing to do with. For real??? Then I was trying to help her enter a check online and she kept changing her mind as to whether it was a team donation or individual gifts. Again she blamed me because she couldn't decide what to choose. When she finally decided she wanted to do individual gifts, she got irritated again because she didn't know how to to divide it between the people. These are decisions you should make prior. For the record, this was not her first rodeo. She knew to come prepared. And she was not picking on me, she's hateful to everyone. Oh, but she was also bad mouthing me from across the room. She kept saying that I just didn't care about anything. I'm not sure if she thought I couldn't hear her/wasn't paying attention or if she knew I could hear her and wanted to be a hag. I'm more inclined to believe the latter. But enough about that!



I am also excited/nervous for this weekend because I'm going with Greg to his high school reunion on Saturday. This will be the first event I'm going to that I won't already know people there. I'm excited though because a) it's somewhere that I've never been before, and b) there will be dancing. I love to dance with Greg. If you know me, you know I don't mean crazy club dancing or anything. We used to be goofy and waltz around his apartment living room. Every once in a while we still do at the house.

I can't decide if I want to go out an buy a new dress. I have a few that will work, so I don't really need to buy anything. But since when has that stopped me? ;-) Really, what I need  is the time. I might be able to go look tomorrow after work. Since I have dresses at home I'll probably find the perfect thing in my size on sale. Because that only happens when you have money and don't need the item.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...