Sunday, June 17, 2012

I. Am. Exhausted.

Relay went well. We had a great turnout, which always makes me happy. A lot of times it seems like you just see the same faces every year, which is great, but I'm always excited to see new people come out. We also had a lot of new teams this year too. I'm sure they brought out new friends that had never been before. Our team ended up raising about $500 at the event, which I think is the most we've ever raised on-site.

I ended up being awake for over 27 hours by the time I finally was able to crash. A girl I work with had to have emergency surgery last week, so I said I would pick up part of her morning shift on Friday. I worked 6-9, which meant I had to be up at 5am. After I got off work I was just go go go, so there was no nap for me. By the time I could have taken a nap, I didn't want to because it was so close to time for me to start packing up... there gets to be a point where it's just easier to stay up and power through than to sleep. If i try to nap so close to the end, I can't sleep when I actually get home. I ended up crawling into bed around 8:30am.

I was only able to sleep for about 4 hours before I woke up and couldn't doze off again. Then Greg and I just kinda hung out til it was time to get ready for the reunion. We had a good time. I think he enjoyed talking to all of his friends. Social butterfly that he is, he kept wandering off. I was okay with that, though. I chatted with some of his friends' wives. There wasn't really any dancing, but I was okay with that, too. I'm not sure I could have done much anyway lol. I was falling asleep sitting up by the time we actually left.

I should have take off today, too. I think it's the first year I've done Relay that I haven't been working a 9-5 job, so I didn't even think about it. Lesson learned for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...