Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Busy, busy, dizzy

Today has been a busy day! This morning I cleaned out the fridge (like cleaned out the fridge), took out the trash, and started roasting chickens to make chicken salad for tomorrow, all before breakfast! I actually sat down to blog this morning when I realized I had about 20 minutes before I needed to start getting ready for work. At work we were audited for most of my shift, which is always stressful. It's not that I was worried about not doing my job correctly, but it's always nerve-wracking when your boss's boss is watching! And immediately after work I had to run to get Mom and Tony and hurry to church. The students are going to beach camp in 10 days and today was registration. I was supposed to be there at 5:30... yeah that didn't happen lol. I didn't get off work until almost 5:15 and of course work is halfway between home and the church, so I had to backtrack and blah blah blah. It still went really well and I made it without too much of a problem to get the kids registered. Now I am at home enjoying a lovely cup of coffee and trying to unwind.



Good news for today. I weighed in and I am down to 208.4!  That's a total of 41.6 pounds off my frame. I'm excited! I'm actually really excited to see some progress again. As you know, I had a few weeks days in a row where I did not eat super well. Ok, fine, I didn't eat well at all. I don't even want to think about it! But anyway, I have recommitted to paying attention to what I'm eating and what I'm doing for my body.

I'm remembering that recommitting each and every day really is the key. I have to wake up each morning and decide that I'm going to make healthy eating decisions that day. I have to decide that I'm going to get some kind of exercise and/or movement done. No, of course I don't feel like it all the time! And sometimes I REALLY want a burger. Well, I have to suck it up about not feeling like working out. And I can have a burger sometimes, but I need to earn it!



I have been to Hobby Lobby (or as we like to call it The HobLob) more times in the past week than I think I have in the past few months! Can I just say how much I love that place? It is seriously my happy place. But I was very sad to realize that they are already turning over to their fall decorations. When I walked in last week, I noticed that most of the summery stuff has been condensed to a few aisles. Then yesterday I saw that they had even more fall things out.

Apparently it has worked it's way into my subconscious. This morning I had English Toast with apple butter. My first thought when I bit into it was "yum, this tastes like fall..." Then I almost spit it out. Fall is totally my favorite season. I love everything about it. But don't take away my summer! I mean heck, it's not even July yet! Slow your roll, y'all! Let's not even talk about the fact that Target has already set up their Back-to-School section. Are you KIDDING me???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...