Friday, November 1, 2013

A Thankful Heart

Around this time of year people are always more open to thinking about the things they are thankful for. This is actually something that I have been thinking about quite a bit lately, so I decided to make it my theme for this month. Kind of like the September Photo Challenge, I will post a different thing that I am thankful for every day between now and Thanksgiving. That's 28 days of having a thankful heart. So without further ado:

My Savior, who loves me more than I can possibly imagine or deserve. It has taken me a long time to come to the realization that God loves me all the time. Even in the midst of my sin, even when I don't talk with Him like I should, He still loves me just as much. He has loved me in my worst possible moments, moments that I felt I didn't deserve to be loved by anyone. He was right there, waiting for me to talk to Him. 

It's such a hard concept for Christians to understand! I've been a Christian since I was 10, and I can't say I fully get it. And, amazingly enough, it doesn't make me feel like I have license to behave badly. It actually makes me want to show that same love to those around me. Why would I not want to share something so amazing? 

Anyway, that's Day 1! I doubt these will all be this deep, but God had to be my number one! Have a great Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...