Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rise and Shine!

Good morning, exercise!

Last night I decided I was going to try my hand at an early morning workout. I've done it a few times before, and I'm really wanting to get back in a regular gym schedule. It always amuses me when people don't understand how someone who works in a gym doesn't workout. Think about it. If you worked all day, would you want to then stay there for an additional hour? Not to mention that almost any time I work out people start asking me questions about the schedule or tell me maintenance problems... I might as well still be working! But I digress.

Anyway, I had been toying with the idea of working out in the mornings for a few days. The other day I was reading through my blog list and Julie over at Peanut Butter Fingers had written a post on Exercise Obstacles. I took that as a nod that maybe I should try the am workout thing again. Working out in the mornings is pretty perfect, if I can get myself in there. Most of the early morning visitors aren't there for social hour, so I don't have to worry about being interrupted. So last night I put my stuff together so I could roll out of bed and get out the door in less than 15 minutes.

It worked! I got to the gym by about 5:45, and I was done by 6:30. It was great! I was still interrupted, but it was by someone from my church so I'll let it go. The only down side was dealing with the tired muscles (and the tired self) for the rest of the day. I'm sure that it will even itself out soon, but today sucked. And the 3 sets of walking lunges probably didn't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...