Saturday, February 18, 2017

Day 1. Again.

Today I made a promise to my husband that I would work to lose weight. Over the past few years, my weight has slow creeped up to my "max acceptable weight." And then I gained another 20 pounds. I could give multiple reasons and excuses for my weight gain, but at the end of the day all that matters is I'm really not happy with the way I look or, more importantly, the way I feel. I feel sluggish and slobbish. There's a lot of -ish happening here.

Greg tells me he loves me and thinks I'm beautiful no matter my size. And I fully believe him. But I don't feel beautiful. I certainly don't feel sexy, which is negatively impacting some of the more *ahem* intimate aspects of our marriage.

So I told Greg I wanted to lose weight, and I wanted to set my birthday as my first target. My birthday is 11 weeks from tomorrow, and I set an A and a B goal. Goal A is to lose 15 pounds. Goal B is to lose 10 pounds. I'm aiming for the 15, but I will be happy with 10.

Today was Day 1. I did a starting benchmark workout. I'm planning to create a plan involving some free YouTube fitness videos, the free videos available through Amazon Prime, and that gym membership we're paying for. I also took my Day 1 photos. I will be honest and say I hate the side view. I almost changed my mind about posting the pictures, but I'll want them to compare later.
I don't think I look too bad from the front...

But from the side, I see why my pants don't fit.
I did not weight myself this morning, but I will say my Day 1 weight was 270. I'll weigh in tomorrow to get an official starting weight, but I'm making 255 my birthday goal. Off we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...