Monday, July 14, 2014

Haphazard Deliciousness

I think I've mentioned a time or two how much I like to cook and feed people. It's one of my favorite things. That being said, I struggle to cook for just myself. I've been on my own for the past 2.5 weeks, and there has been a lot of eating out, random sandwiches, or just not eating dinner because I wasn't hungry and didn't feel like trying to figure it out. Not my proudest moment, but there you have it.

However, last week I found myself home alone on a Friday night and ravenous after mowing the yard. After a quick shower, I just started throwing things together until I got what might have been the most delicious meal I've had in a while.
I couldn't think of a real name for it, but it was so good I couldn't keep it to myself.

Haphazard Deliciousness
(serves 2ish)
Ingredients:
     5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
     4 mini sweet peppers, chopped
     3 button mushrooms, sliced and sautéed
     2 C raw baby spinach
     Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb, to taste
     2-3oz chicken breast, cubed and fully cooked
     3oz whole wheat Angel hair pasta, cooked and drained (I use Barilla)
     1 100-calorie pack Wholly Guacamole
   
Directions:
     1.  Cook tomatoes and peppers in a large skillet over medium high heat.
     2. Add sautéed mushrooms, spinach, and chicken. Season with Mrs. Dash. Cook until spinach
         wilts.
     3. In a separate bowl, stir together pasta and guacamole.
     4. Add chicken/vegetable mixture to the pasta mixture.
     5. Enjoy!

Notes:
*I had already cooked the mushrooms to make an omelet that never happened. Otherwise, I would cook those before the tomatoes and peppers.
* I also had pre-cooked the chicken for a salad and had some left over. I seasoned it with a Mrs. Dash Grilling blend.
* Next time I might add a second guacamole cup to make it a little saucier. ;-)
*Spicy guacamole would have be delicious here.
*It should have served 2, but like I said, I was ravenous after mowing the yard.

I got the idea for using the guacamole as a sauce after making an avocado pasta sauce a few weeks ago. It was a good decision. I will definitely be making this one again!

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work. custom wordpress websites

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...