However, last week I found myself home alone on a Friday night and ravenous after mowing the yard. After a quick shower, I just started throwing things together until I got what might have been the most delicious meal I've had in a while.
I couldn't think of a real name for it, but it was so good I couldn't keep it to myself.
5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
4 mini sweet peppers, chopped
3 button mushrooms, sliced and sautéed
2 C raw baby spinach
Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb, to taste
2-3oz chicken breast, cubed and fully cooked
3oz whole wheat Angel hair pasta, cooked and drained (I use Barilla)
1 100-calorie pack Wholly Guacamole
1. Cook tomatoes and peppers in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add sautéed mushrooms, spinach, and chicken. Season with Mrs. Dash. Cook until spinach
3. In a separate bowl, stir together pasta and guacamole.
4. Add chicken/vegetable mixture to the pasta mixture.
*I had already cooked the mushrooms to make an omelet that never happened. Otherwise, I would cook those before the tomatoes and peppers.
* I also had pre-cooked the chicken for a salad and had some left over. I seasoned it with a Mrs. Dash Grilling blend.
* Next time I might add a second guacamole cup to make it a little saucier. ;-)
*Spicy guacamole would have be delicious here.
*It should have served 2, but like I said, I was ravenous after mowing the yard.
I got the idea for using the guacamole as a sauce after making an avocado pasta sauce a few weeks ago. It was a good decision. I will definitely be making this one again!