Monday, July 21, 2014

A Box of Sunshine


So this isn't anything new, but I decided to tell you about my incarnation of this project. I originally saw it on Pinterest (shock!) and after a conversation with my older brother I decided now would be a good time to send one out. I enlisted the help of Mr. Incredible and off we went.

Let me start by saying that Greg was not exactly into the idea at first. I told him I needed to go to the party store to look for yellow stuff  for John and he just didn't get it. Once we got there and I let him talk me into a yellow mustache he kind of took off running. Here's what we ended up with:
A banana eraser, a paddleball, a super bouncy ball, flip-flop keychain, rubber duck, silly bands, the moustache, a noisemaker, lip whistle, pencil topper, pencil sharpener, pencil...
suction cup ball, slinky, Frisbee, helicopter thingie, barrel of monkeys (I was very excited about that one lol), ninja, Mario star, koosh ball, hand puppet eyes, kazoo, squirt gun...
Angry Birds gummies, Dasani water enhancer, sixlets, monster finger puppet, Laffy Taffy, M&Ms, gumballs, lollipop, Airborne, Sour Patch Kids, Lemon Heads, Juicy Fruit, Charleston Chews, suckers, Starbursts, and Nerds. Whew!

I also wrapped most of the box in some of the coolest duck tape ever!
I don't know about you, but if I got a box in the mail that was covered in Mac & Cheese duck tape, I'd be pretty excite no matter what was inside.

Then I loaded up the box,
wrote a note to my brother explain what this was,
I already had this stationery, I thought it worked well!
and addressed the box.
I was having fun with Pic Monkey.
I didn't want to be a total jerk and wrap the whole box in the tape. Although, I did cover the top pretty sufficiently with packing tape. At least he'll know the top from the bottom! I got it off in the mail first thing Saturday morning. He should get it sometime today.

I had way more fun than I anticipated putting this together. My partner in crime probably helped. Anyway, I highly recommend doing this for someone special in your life. And they don't have to live halfway across the country, you could totally just leave this on their doorstep or their desk. I'm already contemplating who else might get a box of sunshine. :-D

Edit: John got the box yesterday and I was rewarded with this picture. 
Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work. wordpress web development company

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...