Since I still wanted him to have something from me on his birthday, I decided to write him a letter and tell him 16 Reasons I think he's awesome.
- He's kind.
- He's funny. He has fantastic, if not unintentional, comedic timing.
- He makes brave hair choices. This kid recently colored his bangs purple... which then faded to some weird blond/fuchsia combination. And he just rocked it like it was on purpose. #pinkhairdontcare
- He's super creative.
- He has great taste in music... mostly. I have an odd sense of pride hearing him listen to songs I loved in high school/college. But every once in a while he throws some weird wrench in there.
- He is incredibly smart. Too smart for his own good at times, but still.
- He's laid back. It takes a lot to ruffle his feathers, which is insane when you realized he grew up with a powder keg.
- He can be really helpful.
- He likes to try new food. He is one of my few sushi buddies. Lord love him
- He's fun to hang out with.
- He's got an interesting view on the world. He definitely sees things differently than I do, which is not a bad thing!
- He has more confidence in me than I do. I used to make his birthday cakes every year. At first it was simple, but eventually there was Spider-Man, an aquarium, and a dragon. I called it quits before I had to figure out how to make a working Ferris wheel.
- He likes to have adventures.
- He's forgiving. Remember that powder keg he grew up with? Poor kid definitely got caught in the fallout more than he deserved. But he loves me anyway.
- He likes to learn new tasks. He may never use them, but he'll look stuff up just to know it. Kind of cool, really.
- He's committed. When he was little, he would pick what he wanted to be for Halloween next year on November 1, and he would not be swayed. One time he decided to be a vampire and refused to eat garlic for a solid year.
|This is a collection of all the photos I shared |
online for his birthday. It was fun. :-D