Thursday, July 17, 2014

16 Reasons

Anthony turns 16 today! I can't believe it. Half the time I still picture him as a 9-year-old. He loves that. This will be the first time since the day he was born that I will not be with him for his birthday. He's still in Alabama visiting our family down there. It bums me out a little bit, but he'll be back this weekend, so I'll make up for it then.

Since I still wanted him to have something from me on his birthday, I decided to write him a letter and tell him 16 Reasons I think he's awesome.
  1. He's kind.
  2. He's funny. He has fantastic, if not unintentional, comedic timing.
  3. He makes brave hair choices. This kid recently colored his bangs purple... which then faded to some weird blond/fuchsia combination. And he just rocked it like it was on purpose. #pinkhairdontcare
  4. He's super creative.
  5. He has great taste in music... mostly. I have an odd sense of pride hearing him listen to songs I loved in high school/college. But every once in a while he throws some weird wrench in there.  
  6. He is incredibly smart. Too smart for his own good at times, but still.
  7. He's laid back. It takes a lot to ruffle his feathers, which is insane when you realized he grew up with a powder keg.
  8. He can be really helpful.
  9. He likes to try new food. He is one of my few sushi buddies. Lord love him
  10. He's fun to hang out with.
  11. He's got an interesting view on the world. He definitely sees things differently than I do, which is not a bad thing!
  12. He has more confidence in me than I do. I used to make his birthday cakes every year. At first it was simple, but eventually there was Spider-Man, an aquarium, and a dragon. I called it quits before I had to figure out how to make a working Ferris wheel.
  13. He likes to have adventures.
  14. He's forgiving. Remember that powder keg he grew up with? Poor kid definitely got caught in the fallout more than he deserved. But he loves me anyway.
  15. He likes to learn new tasks. He may never use them, but he'll look stuff up just to know it. Kind of cool, really.
  16. He's committed. When he was little, he would pick what he wanted to be for Halloween next year on November 1, and he would not be swayed. One time he decided to be a vampire and refused to eat garlic for a solid year.
Obviously, there are more than 16 things I love about him, but it was fun to sit down an think about the reasons he's a great kid.
This is a collection of all the photos I shared
online for his birthday. It was fun. :-D

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work. custom website design service

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...