Sunday, January 5, 2014

Rest

Every once in a while I need to be reminded to slow down, take time to rest, and just relax. Today was one of those days. I have been feeling exhausted since... well, probably since Thanksgiving, really. I've been going going gone all through the holidays and apparently not sleeping well, and it finally caught up with me. I think God decided he'd had enough of my not listening to his commands and knocked me on my butt today. Especially since it was the Sabbath. I have slept nearly all day. I got up at 8:30 this morning to tell mom I didn't feel well enough to drive to church. I pulled up the internet campus on the computer and watched services from home.
Thank goodness for technology
Then I promptly went to sleep from 10-2, ate an orange, slept til 7, then took a shower. I took the shower hoping it would make me feel better so I could mom on an errand. Ha! I was so exhausted from my shower that I didn't even have the energy to get dressed. At that point I decided to get my shift covered for tomorrow. I'm feeling better, but I think another day of resting will help. Sadly enough, I keep thinking of all the things I can do tomorrow since I don't have to work. No! I need to rest! We'll see what actually happens.

I know my posts haven't been very significant lately. I'll work on it. But right now, I'm going to get back to resting. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...