Thursday, October 10, 2013

How to Fight Fair

For the past few days I have really felt pulled to share something with you all and today I finally decided to do it. My church is currently doing an alignment series called Normal, which is all about the family; how the world sees the family vs. how God sees the family. This past Sunday the message was entitled Rules of Engagement, and boy oh boy did it hit home. 

One of the things I really like about Faith Promise is that we have an internet campus and they upload the audio and the video for the sermons each week. So if I'm out of town, like I was this weekend, I can watch or listen to the message when I get a chance. 

Since I wasn't able to make it to services on Sunday, I decided to listen to the sermon while I straightened my room. That lasted all of about 5 minutes before I realized I needed to sit down and take notes. Pastor preached from Ephesians 4:25-32 and gave us 7 Rules of Engagement to follow when we fight or argue with people. I felt like I needed to type it up and print it out so I could see it on a regular basis. And then I felt like I should share it with you. 
I highly recommend watching or listening to the sermon. Pastor explains more fully how the verses relate to each rule. I also appreciate the fact that he told us we're going to fight with people. We're human! No one is perfect and we're going to argue. But we can do it with a Biblical perspective and heart.

I know I have read Ephesians 4 multiple times, but sometimes it amazes me how many times you can read something and still find something new. I'm doing that quite a bit lately, especially with Ephesians. Maybe I should do a study on Ephesians soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...