Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Family Weekend: Days 2 and 3

I woke up early Saturday morning! Like early even by EST standards! I think I woke up at 5:30 CST. It was nice though. I had a little bit of peace and quiet while I ate and did some work on my laptop.
I enjoyed my coffee and a French Toast bagel with blueberry cream cheese. For some reason, my grandmother had 2 tubs of blueberry cream cheese and no regular cream cheese. I just went with it, and am I glad I did! It reminded me of blueberry stuffed french toast. I may never go back.
[Side note: does anyone else have a cup/plate/dish they gravitate towards at someone else's house? I don't know why, but I almost always use that poppy mug when I go to Mimi's she has umpteen thousand mugs, but it's my favorite. Mom's is a navy blue one with the South Carolina logo on it. Maybe my family is just weird. :-)]

Anyway, after breakfast we just milled around and watched football. My grandmother is a tried and true Bama fan, so we had to watch that (and not talk to her). Brittany, Anthony, and I ran to the store because Bee need to make a copy of a photo for Mom and Mimi. While we were there I decided to print off some pictures of me and Greg for Mimi. She's always fussing at me that she doesn't have any recent pictures of me (it's true), so I printed off the most recent ones I had and told her to pick one. 

After that it was time for pictures! I did not realize it, but I had not seen Bee in 4 years! And I think the most recent picture of us was from 5 or 6 years ago. Absolutely ridiculous!
She's grown up so much, and I am so incredibly proud of her. But that's a post for another time. She also took a few pictures with Anthony, who was getting a little bored with the process. 
Ugh! Let's not discuss how grown up he looks in this picture... except for his Batman hoodie... which I love. The hood has bat ears! Anyway. After all that it was time for dinner! 
I hadn't been to Johnny's before, but everyone in my family raves about it. I must say I was pretty impressed!
Well, except for the coleslaw. It left a little to be desired. Then again, I'm totally in love with Popeye's coleslaw, and not much can measure up. After dinner, Britt had to head back to Birmingham, and the rest of us went back to Mimi's. I crashed pretty soon after. 

Sunday was actually Mom and Mimi's birthday. We had already done the gifts and things so Mom and I made breakfast for everyone and my aunt brought over Mimi's birthday pound cake (it's what she wanted). Not too long after that, we headed home. The drive wasn't too eventful until we hit Chattanooga. I swear I saw at least 7 police cars in just a few miles of interstate. It was weird! But we made it home without incident. 

After we unpacked the car, we took one last trip in the rental to go out to dinner for mom's birthday. Apparently she hadn't gotten her BBQ fix, because she wanted to go to Famous Dave's. Hey, who am I to deny my mother on her birthday? Plus, they have quirky wet wipes. 
I'm not sure what Picnic-Fresh BBQ should smell like, but it got my hands clean! 

Our trip was over too soon, but I'm glad to be back home. I would rather leave too soon than wait til we're all sick of each other. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...