Saturday, August 3, 2013

Tax-free, not hassle-free

Today was another action packed day! We had to be at the church at 8:30 for Day 2 of our Leaders' Gathering. I must say, I learned quite a lot and really felt God stretching me in new ways for my walk with Him. Once I make sense of my notes, I'll have to do a recap.

After that, I met Amy for lunch at Panera before heading out for our tax free shopping. We only ended up going to Old Navy and Walmart, but I ended up with 5 new shirts and a pair of jeans for less than $85. My favorite item I picked up was a plaid shirt from Old Navy.
OldNavy.com
It's so fun and bright. I love it. Every thing else I got was pretty plain in comparison, but that's ok. It's my statement piece, haha. The trip wasn't without its craziness, though. There were long checkout lines at Old Navy, and kids going crazy everywhere. I may or may not have tweeted that shopping on a sales weekend was better than birth control. But I tried to be patient with everyone, especially they poor workers. I knew they were having a way longer day than I was.

After I got home from shopping, I did a quick change (into that shirt of course), and went with Greg to go see his mom in the hospital before heading out to meet some of his college friends for dinner. She's doing better, and hopefully she will be released from the hospital tomorrow or Monday. She's a tough lady, but she's getting frustrated that she can't get her mouth to cooperate with her brain. All we can do is pray for it to come back. And I know she's tired of being cooped up in that room all the time. It probably doesn't help that she has constantly had visitors since she was admitted to the ER on Tuesday. One of her kids has been with her almost 24/7 since she was admitted, and she looked relieved that Greg and I had to leave 45-60 minutes before his brother was supposed to arrive tonight.

We went dinner at Calhoun's on the River, which was nice. One of Greg's friends from college was in town from Texas this weekend and it happened to be her birthday, so she called some people together to go out to dinner. The only person I knew besides Greg was Moose, but I still had a good time.

But now it's time for me to log off and get ready for bed. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a peaceful day involving me copying recipes into computer files. Yay for projects!

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA! Sunday was almost crazier than Saturday. No peaceful recipe-ing for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me and my big mouth.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, me and my big mouth.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, me and my big mouth.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...