Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Siberia

Yesterday ended up being a pretty good day. Considering it was a Monday, and those are notoriously ridiculous anymore, I didn't have high hopes, but it was fine. Work was actually pretty decent, especially for a Monday. I go in 1.5 hours early on Monday to help get caught up on paperwork from over the weekend, and usually it's a race to get everything done on time. I was able to get all of my "bonus" tasks done well before my scheduled shift was supposed to start. Yay!

After work I finally got to hang out with that boyfriend of mine. We went to dinner at Abuelo's, which is definitely one of my favorite restaurants. [side note: Abuelo's is where my bff Amy said we were going for my birthday dinner when she was actually helping to plan my surprise party. Sneaky sneaky.] And miracle of miracles, neither of us was on our phone the majority of the time. I won't lie, I'm just as bad as he is so I can only get so mad. After dinner we wandered over to Target because he needed to return something he bought over the weekend. He ended up buying a new pair of sunglasses, and I managed to walk out empty handed. It was difficult.

Then we spent the rest of the evening watching TV. We started off watching Return of Jaws on Discovery (Shark Week!), which was pretty interesting. They managed to find a way to track a shark with an underwater video camera. Greg and I both agreed that we're not going swimming at the beach in Massachusetts. After that we watched a show called Siberia. I had never even heard of it before, but it was kind of interesting. It's a completely scripted series about a fictional reality show where the contestants are sent to a remote Siberian territory and told to survive the winter. But since it's a "reality" show, things start to go wrong. It's crazy, but I liked it.

Today was not as awesome. I woke up feeling like I couldn't breathe well. My chest was really tight and I kept coughing. I've also felt run down all day. None of this was made better by the fact that my boss's boss was at our club all day today. I like her just fine, but she still puts me on edge simply because of her position.

The bright side to my day came when Greg sent me a text to look at this video on YouTube.

That seriously made me laugh so hard. I love that they can be goofy and laugh at themselves. Sorry if it's stuck in your head now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...