Thursday, August 8, 2013

Random truth about myself

I discovered something quite interesting about myself today. It's probably something that Amy or Greg could have told you months years ago, but I just realized it today. You want to know what it is? Ok, here goes. I have serious trouble buying stuff for myself, especially more costly items that I actually need. Additionally, I will spend my last dollar buying a gift for you before I get something for myself. I know that sounds silly, but you should know by now that I am silly. Tada!

You're probably wondering how I figured out this little tidbit today. Well, I'll tell you. I was in need of 2 things when today started. Firstly, I needed a new backpack. The bag I was using to schlep my books and what have you to work or church was falling apart. It was the back pack I took to NYC in 2010, and while I love the memories we have together it is starting to fall apart. I also needed a new sports bra. I have a rather large chest and I am on a mission to find a sports bra that is secure, supportive, and doesn't require me to layer them.

I went to Walmart for the backpack first. I had already seen one like I wanted, I just need to go back and make sure it would fit my needs. As I walked through the doors of Walmart, this is the first thing I see:
NwT Licensed MARVEL Comics Book Graffiti  BACKPACK SPIDERMAN HULK WOLVERINE
It screams G
I mean it was practically begging to go live with Greg. I saw it and decided he needed it to take stuff to Dragon*Con at the end of the month. I don't know what he will put in it, but that's not really my problem because it OBVIOUSLY needs to go home to G! Plus it was on sale for only $9. How could I resist? So I picked it up and went off in search of the bag I actually went to buy. I finally found it, not in a logical place to my mind, but I was in Walmart.... I digress. I find the bag I want in a color I like and it looks like it will serve my needs, but it plus Greg's bag are more than I intended to spend. So which did I debate not getting? My bag of course! In ended up getting both of them, but I had to talk myself into it the whole way up to the register. 

I met up with Greg for dinner and gave him his gifts (I may or may not have also picked up a few of his favorite drinks and put them in the bag), then he and I went to Dick's Sporting Goods so I could look at sports bras. My first mistake was starting there. Somehow I always forget how expensive it is. I couldn't find anything to serve my purposes for less than $50, and Greg could not convince me to spend that kind of money on myself. Even though it really was not a bad price for the garment, and I really do need one. But nope, didn't get one. 

I love to invest in others, but I don't spend a lot of time or money on myself if I don't have to. Which is why I usually end up buying more for Greg, Mom, and Tony than I do for myself on tax free weekends. I have a problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...