Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Diet Bet

Today was Day 3 of the Diet Bet. Technically I weighed in on Saturday, but the game didn't start until Monday. It's been good so far. I've been pretty well with my eating. I went a little over yesterday, but not too badly. And I still logged everything I ate (which I've been bad about lately). I'm not mad at myself for it.

I made it a goal for this week to hit 10,000 steps on my pedometer each day. I knew it was going to be difficult, but the only day I didn't make it was yesterday (noticing a theme?). Greg and I went for a nice little hike on Sunday. We were going to take a walk at a local park, but the trail was closed for construction. We ended up taking a hike around the property behind his house. His family has a lot of farm land behind his house, and I'd never really explored it. Plus there's a wooded area that we wondered through. It ended up being about a 3.5 mile trip. Monday and today I did a walk-at-home video to hit my goal. 



Amy and I were talking about how we didn't realize how much weight we had gained until we started losing weight. We were looking at pictures from our trip to New England, and then it was obvious. Today she made me this to keep me inspired in my progress...
I remember I was trying to sit up straight and draw in my stomach. I was so self-conscious, and I still didn't realize how big I'd gotten. It's nice to see that I have made progress towards my goal.  The only down side is that I have remained pretty stagnant since the after picture which was taken almost 9 months ago! But the diet bet should help me head more towards my goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...