Friday, January 25, 2013

Return to Civilization

Or at least that's what it feels like. We have been without cable, internet, and a home phone since Tuesday morning. Apparently, U-Verse had some massive outage. There were a lot of people in our area with spotty to no coverage. We still had electricity and cell phones, but we still felt like we were completely cut off. It was very odd to be without even the local news for 80+ hours. But we have service back now (obviously).

To make things a little more awkward, we've been building up to a "severe winter storm" all week. I have the  Weather Channel on my phone, but it still wasn't telling me much I couldn't figure out by walking outside. We kept hearing secondhand about how bad the roads were going to be and what places were closing. I just so happened to see on facebook via my phone that Anthony's school was out today. It was a little disorienting when it hit because my neighborhood wasn't that bad, but I kept hearing about iced over bridges and salt trucks sliding. Greg and I decided not to risk crossing the bridges to go to K-town and called it a night after dinner. Better same than sorry.

Of course this week I had lots of things I wanted to post, but I couldn't get online. I guess I could have drafted in Word or something, but I didn't think about it honestly. I got my cousin's Hat of the Month box off on Wednesday. I plan to go over each hat individually, but here's a preview of what this month's box contained.
"Birthday Party," "Heat Waves," and "Hungry Fish"
Oh, yeah... the first Hat of the Month ended up being hats. I could say that you need a few to start a collection, but really... I just couldn't decide which one to give her first. And yes, my "head" was a balloon in a coffee mug. The mannequin heads I could find all had teeny tiny child-size heads. Anyway! I had a lot of fun putting this together and I'm looking forward to reviewing the patterns I chose to use. Actually, "Birthday Party" was more of a Frankenstein pattern I put together myself, but I'll get into that when I do my review.

Since this was her initial Hat of the Month Club box, I figured it was appropriate to include a a letter explaining what was going on.

Welcome Letter
Welcome Survey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...