Saturday, December 1, 2012

Hey there, December

Can you believe it is December?? It seems like it was just June a few weeks ago. And now Christmas is 25 days away. The rest of this year is going to pass in a flurry of activity, but I'm going to try to slow down and enjoy it all.

*****
Greg and I celebrated our 4-year anniversary on Thursday. Our anniversary was actually Tuesday (or Wednesday depending on who you ask), but we went out on Thursday night. We went to Wasabi Japanese Steakhouse and then went to Target. I know, we're an exciting couple. Exciting or not, the past 4 years have been fun. 
4 years with this guy...
I think the quote is accurate! 
*****

Starting today my calendar is booked. It should be a fun month. Just today I need to go over to Greg's to help him clean (more on that in a second), go over to R&D's for the SEC Championship, then out to a Christmas party this evening. I also need to make Chicken Tacos and Strawberry Pretzel Salad. Tomorrow is equally booked. Church in the morning, the Angel Tree wrapping party, and then I'm co-hosting a dinner party with Amy at Greg's (that's why I'm going to help him clean).

I'm excited about the dinner party. Well, dinner party makes it sound a little more upscale than reality. It's a get together with some friends to eat dinner and play games. We were trying to have a party before everyone gets crazy with the holidays... we should have done that in September! Oh well, it should be fun. Although, I still don't know what games we're going to play. We shall see tomorrow. 

*****
I think I may be done Christmas shopping. I don't know that I've ever been able to say that this early in the year! My Mimi has always been one to finish her Christmas shopping in October and have them wrapped under the tree when she puts up her decorations. I, on the other hand, am usually picking out random stuff up until 5 minutes before I give you your gift. It's not that I don't start shopping early, it's that I don't stop shopping... 

My name is Jennifer and I have a gifting addiction. I love giving people gifts. Especially little gifts that I know they will really appreciate. And those little $1 bins at Target get me every time! I may or may not have spent $8 on those things and gotten gifts for 3 people. I think I also just really like to wrap presents. I know, I'm a weirdo. Our first Christmas together I offered to wrap all of Greg's presents to his family. I was a aghast when I discovered he was a stick-it-in-a-gift-bag kind of guy. I have not broken him of that habit, but most of his presents to everyone but me are wrapped. His presents to me usually come in bags much too big for the item in question. My 2 necklaces last year were in a gift bag that was probably meant to hold a KitchenAid Stand Mixer.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...