Sunday, December 9, 2012

Dizzy Dizzy Dizzy

Sorry it's been so long since my last post, but it has been a dramatic week in this house. My mom has had bouts of vertigo for as long as I can remember. She'll have bad hours, or bad afternoons, or occasionally a bad day, but she says she has been consistently dizzy since Monday. Now she's sick. We're not sure if the dizziness finally got to her or if it's that nasty stomach bug going around, but either way it's no fun. If she's not better by tomorrow, I'm calling her doctor.

As if that weren't enough fun for one week, my cousin had to have brain surgery on Wednesday. She had been having  pretty bad headaches and dizzy spells. She went for an MRI to see if something was going on with her inner ear and they discovered a tumor slightly bigger than a tennis ball in her right frontal lobe. The surgery went well. The doctors said they got most of it. The pathology report should come back tomorrow, and that will determine if she needs chemo or anything. She's pretty much back to herself (cranky from the pain, but who wouldn't be??). She's still in the hospital, but hopefully she can go home tomorrow. She recovered so quickly, I can only be amazed at the power of prayer. So many people were praying with my family this week, and I can see God's hands all over her process. I just hope she can see it, too. 

*****
Some things have got to change around here. And those things include my workout routine and diet. Ugh. On Wednesday I realized that I managed to gain 8 pounds in November. I'm really not surprised. I think I only ate dinner at home twice all month, and I didn't make good decisions while I was eating out. So really, I have no one to blame but myself. I'm looking into different workouts and stuff to do. I still have training sessions with Carol, but it's getting difficult to actually set anything up with her. Julie over at Peanut Butter Fingers is always talking about Tina's Best Body Bootcamp. Registration for the next round is currently open, and I think I may register. It's $25 for 8 weeks, which I think is a really good deal. Also, if I'm paying for it, I'm more likely to stick to it, yanno?


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...