Wednesday, November 21, 2012

20 hours

That's the notice that Greg gave me that my mom, my brother, and I were invited to his mom's house for Thanksgiving. They are eating at around 1:00, and he texted me at 4:40. Bless him.

I know what you're thinking, "Jen, you guys have been together for nearly 4 years. Isn't the invitation a given?" To that I say "nope." Now, for the past 3 years I have gone to his family's to eat, but I was raised not to invite myself anywhere. So until we are married, he's going to have to actually invite me.

This whole situation has made me realize (or re-realize?) that there are 2 types of Southerners. First, there are those of us who politely wait for an invitation and knock on the door when we arrive. Second are those who come over whenever and just open the door.  I fall into both categories at one time or another. :-)

I have to be at work tomorrow at 5am, so I should probably start settling down. Luckily, I only have 2 more 5:00 shifts before we go back to the 6:00 schedule. I can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...