Saturday, October 6, 2012

Rad in Review

In case you were unaware, I am Rad.
Temporary, I promise.
Also, in case you were unaware, I participated in the Color Me Rad 5k this morning. I had a blast! I was on a team with my friend Leah, her boyfriend Ben, her friend Jenni, and a guy who works out at our gym. I was very impressed with the way the course was done, the organization of the event, etc. I would totally do it again. The only issues I had didn't have anything to do with the actual race, but I'll get to that in a minute. Now for pictures!

Jenni, Me, and Leah, the last time we were clean
Herding us into the pin
We were trying to walk and take the pic at the same time :-)
In the middle
there were 2 unicorns

A color bomb went off as we crossed the finish, so we got in on the next one :-)








I kept trying to tell Leah how much color was on her back so I finally just took a picture to show her. I guess she decided to return the favor.






Blue hair, blue ears
Great time
As I said I only had a few complaints. The first one was the weather! Here in East Tennessee it's usually still warm in the middle of October. But not this year! It has been Fall ever since the calendar said so. So this morning it was overcast and drizzling. Getting sprayed with liquid dye did not help me stay warm! The only other complaint for the day has more to do with the city of Knoxville in that it took me forever to get in the parking area due to poorly timed lights! Oh well.

In case you're wondering, the color came off pretty easily. Noxema got it off of my face and hands (and out of my ear). Body wash and shampoo got the rest. My fingernails aren't even stained or anything. The weirdest thing is that my armpits are stained. I'm wondering if the dye didn't react with my deodorant or something? Oh well, it's not tank top weather, I'll be fine. ;-)

Oh, and as if the race wasn't fun enough, my packet contained the awesome sunglasses I'm wearing in most of the pictures and the most comfortable tshirt I have ever owned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...