Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Cardio Crazy

That's what I was today. This morning one of our instructors did a Spooky Spin class. It. Was. Awesome! He blacked out the windows in the cycle room, then gave us all glow sticks to put in our laces. He had also decorated the room with inflatable pumpkins and ghosts. Too cool. The music was pretty great, too. He played songs like Werewolves of London, Thriller, and one of the best versions of the Cranberries' "Zombie" I've ever heard. Not only was it fun, but it was super challenging. According to my handy dandy heart rate monitor, I burned 776 calories. I would believe it! I was a sweaty mess by the time class was over.

After that I took the longest possible a quick shower, ran to Panera (it is never the wrong time for soup), then came back to work 11:30-4:30. After that I ran to the grocery store, home to change and back to the gym for a launch of one of our new BTS classes, Groove. Oh my gosh, one of my new favorite classes. Parts of it reminded me of being in show choir in high school (in a good way) and part of it reminded me of my college days when I used to go out dancing. I just thought I was a sweaty mess earlier. Whew! The class ended up steaming up the mirrors quite a bit. And Mr. HRM said I Grooved away another 827 calories. Crazy!

It felt so good after being on a relative workout hiatus for the past couple of months.  I also think it helped clear out some of the junk in my chest. Now I just need to worry about whether or not I'll be able to walk tomorrow. My thighs will definitely be feeling it!

Well, I guess I better try to get some rest. Work and Trunk-or-Treat tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...