Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Walk it out

As you know, I am participating in the Peak313 5-Week Challenge. Part of the challenge is that we have to exercise at least 4 times a week. This is definitely challenging for me since I'm lucky if I find the time to workout once a week. For shame, I know. But this week I looked at my work schedule and decided when I could make it work. The simplest thing for me to do was also staring me in the face (literally): Take Diesel for a walk.
"Stop taking pictures, let's go!"
God bless him, this puppy was made to run. He is a Bluetick Coonhound, which means he was bred for hunting and being out and about. I have definitely failed him is this arena lately. So, Monday morning I decided I was going to be a proper pet parent and take him for a walk on one of the trails near our house. Oh boy. He was SO EXCITED when he heard me pick up his harness. He started dancing around the house to the point where I couldn't get it on him! I made the mistake of putting his harness on before I put on my shoes so he picked up the end of his leash and headed towards the door. It was almost like "well, I'll just walk myself, lady!" We finally made it out to the car.
I forgot how funny he is in the car. He paces in the back seat and gets annoyed at me when I have to stop and the wind is no longer blowing in his face.
"Why'd we stop??"
Today I decided to do the same thing, but we went to a different park. There are lots of little paths all over town, so I really have no excuse not to take him for walks. Anyway, while we were on this walk, I saw one of the neatest things.
It was a prayer request box. It was across the street  from a local church, so I guess they come and collect them periodically. I just thought it was really sweet. I know that sometimes when I'm walking I start thinking about anything bothering me. I've had some pretty big things come up when I'm out with time to think... I thought it was a nice ministry.

I'm going to go with Diesel again on Friday morning. Then I just have to figure out the fourth time I'm going to work out. I really need to do strength training at some point. I'll have time this weekend though. I'll make it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...