Sunday, September 16, 2012

Peak313 LA Challenge: Week 1 Review and Week 2 Preview

Today is the last day of Week 1 in the Peak313 Living and Active 5-Week Challenge, so I decided to write a review of my week.

Fitness
I am pleased to say that I did get in at least 25 minutes of exercise 4 days this week. Monday and Wednesday I took Diesel for a walk (40+ minutes each time), Friday the truck order came in and I spent about an hour restocking the cooler and putting the (heavy) excess away in the closet, and today....
Today I decided to break out the ol' WiiFit. I did not realize, but it had been 87 days since the last time I played it. I knew it had been a while, but that's pretty much the whole summer! I had intended to do it on a more regular basis since I was working more hours at the gym (meaning I didn't want to stay after my shift), but apparently that didn't happen!

Faith
I have read the Soul Food for the week on a daily basis. I put one on my folder, and I used the smaller one as the bookmark in my bible. Since I am also working through a plan to read the bible in a year, I have had to move it each day and therefore read it each day. I'm pretty sure that I have it memorized. :-)

Accountability
I have tweeted and Instagramed different things I've been doing. I have also checked in with Amy on a near-daily basis, texting each other as or after we were completing our exercises each day. I think knowing that I had someone specific, and someone who could come find me if needed, to talk to really helped me stay on track.



Week 2
Clare posted the Week 2 information while I was posting this, and I'm pretty pumped. Again, I like the the Soul Food for this week.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:34
She has challenged  us to to ask God for strength, grace, and wisdom on a daily basis. She mentioned that we tend to try to save up strength for later. We ask for it when we need it, but as soon as we feel like we're ok we stop asking. That is too true of me. I call out when I struggle, but I forget I still need help every day.

My fitness plans for this week are the same as last week. My schedule is a little wonky this week, so I may have to shift some things around, but Diesel is getting used to being walked regularly, so I don't think he'll let me start slacking off on that.

I'm ready for week 2! I can't wait to see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like challenge week 1 was great for you! Good job! I'm ready for week 2 too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like week 1 was awesome! Wishing you the same for week 2! Have a great day! ~Martha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...