Saturday, September 8, 2012

Motivation

If you're on Pinterest, I'm sure you have seen some variation of this:
source
Well, last night that idea applied to classes as well. I don't know how many of you regularly attend a fitness class, but if you do, you know that it can be like a family. Last night in cycle our instructor told us that one of our regular attendees lost her husband (he had been sick for a while), and I nearly lost it. I knew she would want to be in the class if she could and would be fussing at all of us for slacking off (she's hardcore!). So I poured all of my emotion into the bike. While we were doing our final recovery track I started thinking about how often I don't give it my all when I'm working out, and how much I take being able to workout for granted. I kind of felt like a spoiled brat. When I feel like quitting early because I'm bored or tired or just don't want to, I'm going to try to remember all of the people who would love to be in my shoes.



Last night I had a little bit of a moment. Last week we were told that we can wear UT shirts on home game days. As I've said before, my uniform is really comfortable, but any time I can wear something else I will! :-) Anyway, I went to the store last night to see what I could find. I found a cute shirt that said "Big Orange" and had a picture of our mascot, who looks an awful lot like my dog. Coincidence, Diesel was a stray. Anyway, I thought it was perfect... but they only had it in a large.  The cut looked like it was running slightly big, so I decided to try it on anyway. It actually fit! I kind of refused to believe it at first. All I could see was how fitted it was. So I sent a pic of me in the shirt to 2 people asking if it was too tight before I bought it (what did we do when we had to shop alone before camera phones???). Both said it looked good, so I am wearing it now. I'm glad I got it because it is super soft and rather long. It goes over my butt when I pull it all the way down. For us people with longer torsos that's a hard find!

Knowing I now own 2 (two!) shirts that are a large makes me even more excited about participating in the Peak313 Fitness Living and Active Challenge. We are heading into a season where I needed to buy new clothes anyway, and I'd just as soon buy large instead of XL. We'll add that to my list of motivators.



I'm almost finished with the next baby blanket I had on my list. The baby shower is 2 weeks from today which tells me that I really need to hurry up. I am a horrible procrastinator when it comes to these things. I will wait til the night before and crochet like mad to get done. Since I'm basically making up the pattern as I go, I'd like to be able to take my time and look at it before I move on to the next thing. I may try to do that while I watch the game tonight.

For the record, I did finish the blanket I was making based on the delia creates pattern. I still have it at the house, I just haven't been able to take a picture of it yet. And after I finish this one, I need to make one more. So many people having kids! Don't drink the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...