Monday, September 24, 2012

Living and Active: Week 3

Today marks the beginning of week 3 of the Peak313 Living and Active Challenge. I have really loved being a part of this challenge so far. I'm not going to lie, week 2 was a little more difficult as far as getting my exercise was concerned. I told you my week was a little wonky. I did manage to get everything in though.

Fitness
My fitness regimen was a little catch as catch can. I got 2 doses of WiiFit, 2 classes, and an at work workout. I was SO EXCITED about the fact that I got to go to the classes on Friday. I was a class junkie before I started working at the gym, so getting to make it to 2 whole classes was awesome! Yes... I have a problem. I was able to go to Ride and Core and I totally felt it afterwards. It was awesome. :-) As for my at work workout... I picked up an overnight shift at another club. My gym is open 24/7 and we have 7 clubs in our district. Every once in a while we'll get asked to cover something at another club. Anyway! Part of the duties of the night shift is to re-rack any weights left out. Let's just say that took me more than the required 25 minutes, and I definitely felt the burn on that one.

Accountability
I didn't do as well checking in with Amy this week. I felt bad! She was injured last week and I almost felt like I was rubbing it in that I could workout and she couldn't. I know she didn't feel that way, but I still didn't want to bug her. I did tweet a few things about my progress, though. Now that I'm done with the blanket, I'm hoping that I'll be able to post more regularly this week.

Looking Forward
This week's title is "Craving Conquerors."
For everything in the world -- 
the craving of sinful man, the lust in his eyes 
and the boasting of what he has and does -- 
comes not from the Father but from the world.
1 John 2:16
She mentioned how we all have cravings, and not all of them are bad. It's what we crave and why we crave it that determines if it's bad or not. She also mentioned that when we crave something, it is a sign that something is missing. I've read a couple of articles about how when you crave certain foods it's because you are missing a nutrient found in that food. That makes sense to me! And I can see the truth in how that applies to non-food cravings. I know when I feel like I really need a hug, it's because I feel a lack of closeness. When I feel like I need a compliment, it's because I'm feeling a lack of self-confidence. I'm looking forward to studying more this week.

I intend to take my Ride and Core again this Friday, and we'll have to see about the other 3 workouts. I need to try to run at least a few times because I have a race coming up on October 6! I kinda sorta keep forgetting about it. But seeing the nature of the race, I'm not actually expecting to PR or anything. I'm really just going to have fun.

2 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to read about how you are doing on the challenge. I am loving the challenge as well. Hope your partner gets better and that you have an awesome week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Week 2 was not so great for me either, however, the GREAT thing is it didn't knock us off, right? Spin classes are the best, sounds like you got a great workout in and re-racking weights...if your gym is like ours, I have no problem believing it took more than 25 minutes!!! Have a great week2!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...