Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekend in review

I think this weekend might have been one of the best I've had in a long time. What makes it even better is that I feel like I didn't do anything too exciting. I did basically throw the diet out the window, though. :-)



I had to work Friday morning. I worked in Kid Kare, which I don't normally do. I had fun though. After work I took mom to run some last-minute errands for Tony's beach trip.
That evening we went to a baseball game for a friend's birthday. Our seats were perfect! We were under the shade immediately, pretty close to the bathrooms, and on the end of our row. Sport-viewing trifecta if you ask me! I also got to eat ice cream out of a helmet. Can't get much better than that.... or can it?
Cooling, and less calories than the funnel cake I kept eyeing
Oh yes... they do a fireworks show after all the Friday night home games. 
Oooh.... Ahhh...


I had to work again on Saturday morning. I actually thought it was going to be a bad day. It started off with seeing the check engine light pop on. Just what you wanna see at 5:45am. But something told me it was going to be a good day anyway. And it was! I ended up doubling my sales goal for that morning, helping my team, and getting credit on a few contracts.

When I got off work, my friend Amy had sent me a message asking if I wanted to got out to lunch. Of course! We went to Panera, which you may or may not know is one of my happy places. Then she needed to go to the store so I went with her.

While I was at the store, Mom sent me a message saying that she needed me to take her to the store one last time for stuff for Tony. So I went home, changed clothes, and went back out to the store. Tony asked if I would get him a notebook for his trip so he could take notes during the break out sessions and small group. Well, of course! And standing in the notebook aisle we reaffirmed that he really is my little brother. We were both weighing the pros and cons of 20 different notebooks for the given situation. We couldn't find one that wasn't girly, that was sturdy enough for him to rest it on his lap to write... we're so picky! I was thisclose to buying a $3 one that he wasn't really in love with when I glanced over and saw the perfect one for $0.97. It was sturdy, collage ruled, and purple (his newest favorite color).

Once we were done (for reals this time), I ended up going out to Amy's for some fun pool time. We hung out until the temperature out of the pool was cooler than in the pool, then went to Applebee's for dinner. I ate too much, but it was delicious. And I got to hang out with Amy. I'm pretty sure I've seen her more in the past week than I have in the rest of the year combined.



I did NOT have to work on Sunday, but I still had to be up at the crack of dawn. Tony had to be at the church at 7:00am, and since the campus they were leaving from is about 20 miles from the house (we go to a multi-site church), we needed to leave at 6:30. It was amusing to see so many sleepy-eyed teens ready to go to the beach. You could tell they were excited, but totally ready to get on the bus and drift back off to sleep. Hugs and such, and he was off! Our students ministry has a twitter feed, so it was amusing to read what was going on once the kids actually woke up.

Since we were already in Knoxville, Mom and I went to Mimi's Cafe for breakfast. It used to be my go-to breakfast place, but this time I was kind of disappointed. The food was good, but I felt like I didn't have many options. Upon further thought, it was my go-to before I started losing weight. Once I really started paying attention to my weight I can't justify some of the things I ate before. Oh well, I'll just have to find a healthier go-to breakfast place!

After church I went to the gym. The problem with working at the gym is that when I can convince myself to go workout, I end up talking to people forever. But yesterday I went into our group room and did a workout I saw in this month's Fitness magazine. Technically it was meant to be done at home, but I don't have the room at home. It was killer! I was supposed to do 2-3 circuits, but I barely finished one! I loved it though, and I will try it again later this week.

There had been tentative plans to go out on the lake that afternoon, but that didn't work out. Greg andI ended up going to see People Like Us. I really liked it. It was a good story, well acted. Two thumbs up. After the movie we went to Target to get some things for his house. Then we started talking about what we were going to do about dinner. I love that man, but he does not keep groceries in his house. I was going to buy stuff to make dinner, but halfway down an aisle I realized I would have to buy all of the seasonings and stuff too. We ended up going out to dinner at Puleo's instead. It was really good. A little expensive, but a nice treat. We went back to the house and watched TV for the rest of the night.



See? A nice, quiet weekend. This morning I am content, if not quite a little sore. Now I'm just going to play on Pinterest until it's time to get ready for work. Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...