Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Jumping hurdles


First things first, it is weigh-in Wednesday. I was a little nervous to step on the scale, but I am pleased to say that this morning I weighed 205.2! That's a loss of 2.6 from my last weigh-in and 44.6 gone overall. I'm pleased for several reasons. First of all, Greg and I ate at a buffet on Sunday night and I was starving. Enough said. Secondly, I was bouncing around 207-208 for about a month. I was starting to think I was never going to get past that number! But I did, and now we move forward.



Greg and I went to Splash Country on Sunday. We had a great time. It was actually the first time I had gone, but I love water parks. I had a bit of a moment while waiting in line for a ride. It was one of the ones where you could ride in a single tube or a double tube. Greg and I thought about riding in a double, but the weight limit was 400 pounds, so that wouldn't work. That didn't bother me at all because I would have to be 185 before Greg and I could ride together (tall, muscular guy... I'm really not complaining).

Anyway, we grabbed our single tubes and started hiking up to the top of the slide. Once we caught up to the end of the line we were just standing there chatting when I started complaining about my bathing suit. I wore one of my older suits and it was a little baggy in the butt (which really only bugged me because it gave me a wedgie on some slides lol). All of a sudden it hit me that I wasn't really self-conscious about the fact that I was out in public in nothing but my swimsuit. That definitely would not have been the case 18 months ago. Then it hit me that I wouldn't have even been able to ride what we were in line for before I started working to lose weight. The cut-off weight for the single tube was 250, and I'm pretty sure I had actually gotten above that mark before my initial weigh-in. It was actually a good feeling to know how far I've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...